Rules for Divas
1. You are responsible for your own happiness. If someone else’s behavior is not contributing to your happiness, let them know. If they don’t modify the behavior, do not be around them if at all possible. You, and only you, are responsible for your own happiness.
2. Take care of yourself. It is not selfish to put yourself first. You cannot help others or take care of them if you have not tended to yourself first. (This is a little like the announcement on airplanes. If the oxygen masks drop down, put your own mask on first before helping someone else with theirs. It doesn’t mean that you can’t be helpful or caring.)
3. You are solely responsible for your self esteem. Believe in yourself! You are amazing, beautiful, talented and deserving of all of the good that life has to offer! Remind yourself of this daily!
4. Be calm and happy in your demeanor. Drama is for other people. Create your own island of tranquility. This is especially important in times of distress. When you are calm, a better solution can present itself.
5. Stop worrying. It doesn’t bring anything good into your life and it ages you.
6. Be joyful! There is always something to be happy and grateful about in life. Focus on the positive and more will flow into your life.
7. Revel in life! Be fully engaged by your life! If there is something that you want to do, don’t wait! Find a way to start doing it now! Small steps count!
8. Be kind, gracious, loving and giving to others. This is an enormous gift that we can give to ourselves.
9. Be silly! Playfulness unlocks the child within. Laugh with joy and remember that life is wonderful!
10. Look for the beauty all around you. There are beautiful, amazing things in this world. Remember that you are one of them and be thankful.
Unleash your inner Diva! The rewards will amaze you!